Post contains affiliate links.
You may have noticed a recent resurgence of caned furniture all over your Instagram and Pinterest feeds, and we are here for it! Caned furniture makes such a great addition to many spaces. It’s a classic technique that’s been around for hundreds of years, but these new pieces bring a modern spin to this tried-and-true material. Caning adds warmth and texture to a room, instantly infusing it with character.
If you’ve been thinking about dipping your toes into the world of caning, we’ve rounded up our favorite caned pieces that we think you will love as much as we do!
Quick Disclosure: Some of these links happen to be affiliate links which means when you click the link to purchase something on this page, it won't cost you more but I may receive a commission for sharing this with you. Which is neat, because I was going to share it with you anyway! You can view our full disclosure policy here.
1. Cane Bed - This king-size cane bed is a true classic. Made of solid ash, it’s clean, simple, and even comes in a couple of other fun colors! We used the emerald green in a recent project, and it is a showstopper. It’s so versatile, it can easily be mixed in with other pieces that aren’t necessarily modern in style.
2. Cane 4-Hook Shelf - This pretty little caned shelf is a great way to introduce a touch of wicker if you’re not ready to fully commit. The natural tone of the wood pulls some warmth into a space and is truly functional as a place to set your keys or hang up your coat.
3. Cane Boxes - These cane jewelry boxes are to DIE for! They’re the perfect accessory for any side table or dresser, handy for storing small accessories along with all of your trinkets. They even come in three different sizes! That touch of brass also brings an elegance that makes them especially unique.
4. Cane Console Table - Caning really shines as an inset material on doors. This guy has a natural and organic feel to him and will fit right in with a few modern pieces or more transitional ones. It’s especially great for housing media equipment because the openings in the caning allow for heat to escape AND for your remote control to laser it's way through (that’s how remotes work, right?)
5. Cane Shelf Towel Rail - This gorgeous cane shelf/towel rail will help keep any bathroom organized. It’s a great spot to store all of those products and bath essentials, plus it doubles as the perfect place to hang a pretty hand towel! We can see this working perfectly for a powder bath or pool bath.
6. Outdoor furniture - We love McGee & Co. for furniture, but the price point often takes their pieces out of the running on our projects. This is why we love their latest collection for Target! Furniture and accessories from this line come at a much more affordable price. We especially love their new patio collection of caned outdoor furniture. We’re so excited about this, especially as those warm summer months are headed our way! And nice that you can pick up your chairs, a grill, hot dogs, and wine all in one stop. Thanks, Target. We love you.
7. Rattan Basket - If you’re not quite ready to jump all the way in with a king-sized commitment, ease your way in with this precious storage basket. It’s great for hiding cords and toys, with a little more pizzazz than your standard wicker basket.
8. Cane Stool - This cozy cane stool is a great way to add a touch of natural warmth to any space. With its organic texture, it’s the perfect place to prop your feet up, or to pop an extra seat into your living room.
9. Cane Sofa - Some sofas are made for serious lounging, and some are made to be realllly pretty. This caned sofa is a great update on a retro piece you might remember from your grandmother’s living room. The arms make it almost like a sculpture that you can sit on.
10. Cane Coat Hanger Rack - Another favorite - this cane coat rack is perfect for any entryway. Great for hats, coats, and even your keys, this little guy will keep you organized all year long.
11. Cane Dining Chair - Last, but not least, we love this simple caned dining chair. It comes in a couple of colors, but we think the black frame gives it an edge that makes it fit right in with a modern space if that’s what you’re into. It also has a fabulous bouclé upholstered cushion (we LOVE a good nubby textile).
What do you think? Are any of these pieces calling your name? A little goes a long way with caning, so try out a piece or two! Or go full Golden Girls and grab all 11.
Let us know if you have any favorites of your own!